How to Set Up Multi-Level Administration
iFovea allows integrators complete customization of management on a simple, easy-to-navigate portal. On the platform, integrators can create and assign roles for each person. These roles establish each person’s permissions to view cameras and manage them. This enables the customers to control access for each level of administration.
Assigning Customer Roles
- Go to the “Customers” tab on the top menu.
- Select the customer that you want to create roles for.
- Click on the “Roles” tab.
- Keep in mind that Admin & Owner roles are default system roles so they cannot be deleted. Owner roles cannot be modified but Admin roles can.
- Click on a role to modify its permissions. Select which cameras each role has access to and what actions they can take.
- Rename roles and add a description
- On the “Users” tab, you can select which users will be put under a certain role and users on the right already have that role.
Adding a New Role
- To add a new role, click on the green “Add” button under the “Roles” tab.
- Name the role and write a description
- Select the “Role Type”.
- Assign which users will be under this role.
- Users can have multiple roles but only of the same type.
- Uncheck the “Add all Cameras to the Role” box if you want to manually add cameras to the role.
Deleting a Role
- To delete a role, click on the role you want to delete.
- On the top menu, click the “Delete” tab.